Advancement Via Individual Determination
AVID embraces the philosophy that “effort creates ability.” Thus, it is referred to as Advancement Via Individual Determination or AVID from the Latin root word “avidus” meaning “eager for knowledge.”
AVID’s Mission Statement and Focus:
To close the achievement gap and to ensure that students who are “in the middle” academically and are not performing to their potential receive the intensive support needed to:
- Succeed in rigorous curriculum
- Complete a rigorous college preparatory path
- Engage in extracurricular activities at the school
- Increase their enrollment in four-year colleges and graduate
- Become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society
AVID Students :
Are you ready to accept the challenge?
Please view the power point slides ABOVE
For more info about AVID.
Complete your application and return to Ms. Arjeavlguarrel@lausd.net by April 20.